ID Brass Era Buick 1911?

Larry Schramm

A number of us believe this is a 1911 Buick, but would like to have a better confirmation.  A grandson is looking for a positive ID and if it is still around. 

Here is what he knows about the car.   "I was always told it was a 1911 Buick touring car with the top removed which was owned by my grandfather, Mr. R. E. Blake of Newport, VT.  He was a Cadillac Buick Olds dealer in the 1950s."

Also does anyone know where this car could be?  If anyone knows, please contact me and I will get them in touch with the grandson.  He says he has some information that might be of interest to the current owner and he would also like to see the car if possible.

Thanks for your help.

1911 Buick Touring 001 (2).jpg

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
On 1/8/2020 at 8:06 AM, Larry Schramm said:

A number of us believe this is a 1911 Buick, but would like to have a better confirmation.  A grandson is looking for a positive ID and if it is still around. 

Here is what he knows about the car.   "I was always told it was a 1911 Buick touring car with the top removed which was owned by my grandfather, Mr. R. E. Blake of Newport, VT.  He was a Cadillac Buick Olds dealer in the 1950s."

Also does anyone know where this car could be?  If anyone knows, please contact me and I will get them in touch with the grandson.  He says he has some information that might be of interest to the current owner and he would also like to see the car if possible.

Thanks for your help.

1911 Buick Touring 001 (2).jpg

Curious if you were able to find anything more Larry

1909 or 1910 Buick Model 16 Surrey, the big engine that year for Buick (35-40 HP).  Great cars, I have one in with a toy tonneau body (difference is mine has a rear door on driver side, fake rear door on passenger side).

Very desirable car, about 30 1909-10 Model 16's still exist, and about an equal number of Model 17's (same basic running gear but with a traditional flat dash, short hood, and touring car body, as opposed to the Model 16 long hood and scuttle dash).

• Thanks 1