Door aligner needed

Normally, Rex, that’s a job for the “flame wrench” - unless there is wood on the back side. But, you might still be able to heat the screw heads to cherry red or better and use a left-handed screw removal drill bit to get the screw heads off. The hinges on my M5 truck looked like that. Heat, alternating with penetrating oil on the hot screws, and a hand-held impact driver with 3-lb hammer eventually either loosened the screws or broke the heads off.  Still, it’s a lot of labor. 

Studebaker used notoriously soft screws for those.     I usually grind the head flat, center punch it and step drill them.  The  screw and the part is countersunk so you will see the screw head want to break from the shank  right before you come close to drilling the part. 

Check your books -  I think by '34 they had a floating nut plate inside the pillar?   Just slide it out to repair the plate.  , heat and vise grips should take the screw remnants right out of the plate on the bench rather than beating it on the car..