2020 Metz Gathering at Waltham

WCMetz

Just received a letter from The Waltham Museum today. It reviewed the past years activities and listed several for next year. The 2020 Metz Gathering or Metz Weekend is scheduled for Friday July 31 with a talk: "Chilling at the Second Floor of the Federal" and Saturday August 1with Metz Cars, Wheelmen, and Trolley tours. Please note these dates are different from years past when the event was held on the second Saturday in July. With any luck there will be better attendance on these dates. There is some great enthusiasm at the museum these days. You may have also noticed that the  YAHOO Group site is no longer working as it did in the past. I saved copies of the files and requested a copy of the data. I had another group I was in and they are not sure what to do in the future. I hope I get a copy of the data we can use in the future somehow. I think this forum will be the best for now. I plan to finally join AACA. There has also been some talk of a Facebook page, but I don't do Facebook.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and HAPPY NEW YEAR

Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I spoke with Bob McGann from the Waltham Museum a few days ago and he said the Metz Gathering is on for Saturday August 1, 2020. He also said the evening before there will be a Q&A discussion at the Charles River Museum. I mentioned the lack of information on the museum website and he said he would try to get the info on there. Please try and put this event on your schedule. It would be great to see many cars, bicycles and motorcycles built by C. H. Metz and the people who own them now!  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update/notice:

There is now a Facebook group "Metz/Waltham Automobiles - Motorcycles - Bicycles - Air-Car."  Because of this, I am now on Facebook - not a big fan mind you, but with Yahoo out of action, it is one more place to go. I plan to watch AACA and FB for Metz info.

Another note: As of now the Waltham museum still plans to have the Metz gathering August 1 with a panel discussion Friday night July 31. If I hear of any changes I will post the news. Hope to see many this summer.

• 1 month later...

Heard from the new museum director (Collin Lenfest) after he spoke with board president Bob McGann that the museum is on phase 3 of the state's reopening. They hope that will happen by mid July. If not, the Metz weekend will have to be postponed. I didn't ask about the July 18th event at the museum as I figure it is also waiting on phase 3. Hope this ends soon, keep safe!

• 1 month later...

2020 Metz Gathering has been cancelled. Just spoke with Bob McGann from the museum and he let me know the decision was made to cancel. They hoped it would work out, but felt it was best to cancel with the current situation. He also mentioned that he hadn't called volunteers for the panel discussion, but wanted to thank those who had said they were interested in participating. Let's hope this is all done for 2021!