1968 Riviera Hood Hinges

Jack Feiner

You are going to have to find somebody who has a Hollander interchange manual from the 1960's.

That is the only place you will find this info. Also, in the December 2015 issue of Hemmings Motor news they 

did an article on interchangeability of 60's GM hood hinges. Perhaps if you contact Hemmings they can send you a copy of that article.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One more thing......there are people who are in the business of rebuilding hood hinges......they replace all the rivets

and make them good as new.......I don't recall the name of the company that does this but an internet search should

bring them up. I had some GTO hinges rebuilt by them 10 years ago and they still work great.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jack Feiner said:

Looking for interchange information on the 1968 hood hinges. Mine are all wonky and looking for replacements. What year Riviera’s are interchangeable and any other Buick models interchangeable?? Thanks!!

The book I have shows '68 is by itself as far as the hood hinges, but, all series used the same hinge.

1055393039_HOODHINGE.thumb.jpg.ada6489f29281aeb49adf1d1a58a242e.jpg

• Thanks 1

Jack,

I know that a Riv. is NOT an A-Body car, BUT a '68 Skylark & a '69 Skylark have different hinges listed for '68 & '69. The only diff. between them is '69 opens further than '68 hinges & that is why '68 guys are ALWAYS looking for '69 hinges. Do some research or ask the re=builder some questions.

Just  my Nickels worth.

Tom T.

• Thanks 1