30 U Plymouth engine

DFeeney

I acquired this engine in  a sale.  The owner had sold his car and then sold me  his spare parts.  The serial number is U264538  The engine turns over.  It is a water pump, fuel pump engine.  It has the clutch, starter, fuel pump, distributor and master cylinder and pedal assembly's.  No manifolds,      It must be picked up.  All for $750.   Don in central Ohio    740-816-4284

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

Edited by DFeeney (see edit history)

Hello,  I have been in the Plymouth club many years and used to speak to your father at different events.  I also realize you know quite a lot about early Plymouths.  In my add I listed the serial number of the engine.  If you check I believe Plymouth offered 3 different blocks in 29.   A non water pump,fuel pump block.   A waterpump non fuel pump block and a water pump fuel pump block.  The 30U used the 29U water pump fuel  pump block.  All 30 U's had a water pump fuel pump.  This is how we learn about the different changes that came about on the production line.  About 5 or 6 years ago I bought a set of 20" wire wheels from you at Hershey,  yours  Don Feeney

IMG_0305_brighter.jpg

Hello Don,

I have bought many U and Pa's engine's and I have never seen a Fuel pump mounted on the Q , U only PA and PB but I too can be wrong lol

Thanks for the Business again. Dad has been gone since 2012 I miss him dearly,Thanks for the mention.  Very Pretty wheels! on a Very Pretty car!  Swamp holley orange Paint ?? . As for the water pumps you can be spot on, I have no idea on the water pumps,  but the Fuel Pump mounted on a Q,U block I never seen one but I am willing for you to show me, and I will stand corrected by you

Regards

Rich

Don,

You got me thinking my wife's cousin Carl, has a 1930 or 1931 Dodge Brothers 1 1/2 ton truck, I think it is a U133 with a 4 cyl Silver dome four in it and it looks like your engine,I will ask him if his DB has the Fuel Pump I know his has the water pump he also is mated with a 4 speed tranny.

Cheers

Rich

My wifes cousin said his DB 1930 u133 with the plymouth silver dome 4 has the water pump but no fuel pump maybe the 30U was late in the year Just have parted out many 29 and 30 u’s never seen the fuel pumps but the 31 PA parts car did and of course my PB does and my 29 does not.

Cheers

Happy Holiday’s all

7 hours ago, Plyroadking said:

That is a 30u engine,  31 had a different water pump. I've been collecting spare engines for my 30u with a water pump and fuel pump. I'd be loading up for a drive to Ohio but I already have 3 spares. 

I have always been amazed that they made as many 30-U's as 29U's or PA's but you never see any.  They must have wore them out back in the day.