69 Rivi Bucket Seats

RiviBro1

3 hours ago, RiviBro1 said:

Thanks 70rivme. You may be my only option.

I thought they would be much easier to find but I'm striking out at every turn. Do you know if the seats are interchangeable with different year Riviera's or maybe different model Buicks?

I *think* that 2nd Gen Riv seats are interchangeable with same year Electra and LeSabre. My friend has a 68 Electra convertible and the seats look identical to my 68 Riv, though I have not measured the two sets for comparison.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RiviBro1 said:

Thanks 70rivme. You may be my only option.

I thought they would be much easier to find but I'm striking out at every turn. Do you know if the seats are interchangeable with different year Riviera's or maybe different model Buicks?

The lower and upper Strato frames are the same for Buick, Pontiac, Olds and Chevy. Just the legs change. ‘66 thru ‘72.

Of course the release and tilt mechanisms change but can be swapped to any year. Headrests can be added or left off.

You try Tim in California?

Elco1979@Yahoo.com

Gonna cost $$$

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RiviBro1 said:

Yes I will need bucket seats. RiviCentral has 1970 Riviera Bucket seats, but he is unsure if they will fit my car.

Thank you all for your input. I really appreciate having a forum such as this to get feedback from other Riviera owners.

69 and 70 have the same console and dash, so probably the same seats.

• Like 2