Dodge fender skirt emblem 1936

Uptowndodge

Not sure that's Dodge. Looks like Chrysler or DeSoto.  This is the type on my '36 Dodge skirts. Also, the Dodge skirts have no raised or chrome mouldings along the bottom.  I think that most of the Chrysler models for that year will fit though.I could be wrong though. Hope your search is successful!

DSC02329.JPG

Edited by jpage (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Yeah I got a set with those emblems also for my 36 Dodge, but mine have the two piece Art Deco stainless and one painted strip under those. I’m not going 100% stock. I want my Dodge to look good and plain just don’t cut it with me. I’ve seen this emblem I’m looking for in a Dodge accessory pamphlet showing these for 36 Dodge. That’s the main reason I’m after them, second reason is I think they are one of the harder emblems Mopar put out since you rarely see them. Here’s a 100% stock 36 Dodge coup that was a big $ sell, what emblems is he running? Wouldn’t you think a guy with that car knows what belongs on it? I know I do, but I think they all pretty much are cool. At least we got skirts. Good to hear from you though Mr. Page your Knowledge and advice is always welcome and appreciated.

9C2AA220-F665-4C9E-B75E-A4C999E42D7C.png

1 hour ago, jpage said:

Not sure that's Dodge. Looks like Chrysler or DeSoto.  This is the type on my '36 Dodge skirts. Also, the Dodge skirts have no raised or chrome mouldings along the bottom.  I think that most of the Chrysler models for that year will fit though.I could be wrong though. Hope your search is successful!

DSC02329.JPG

This is a 35-36 Desoto emblem

• Like 1

I stand corrected as the guy I purchased them from said they were Dodge. Geeze, now I'll have to look for different trim and go through all that expense again! I did notice that 1936D2's sedan carries this same emblem. Unfortunately, not all high dollar restorations are 100 per cent correct either. I wish I had one of those accessory books, something I hadn't found. 

I was doing a little looking and everything I see points to Airstream for Uptown Dodges's emblem. i see alot of my type on Dodges. I have seen 2 photos of DeSoto cars with my type of emblem but using the moulded skirt. Dodge skirts are flat. There are several variations so I wonder if a customer could choose the trim.

• Like 1

I am looking a pictures of Darin Yazajian's D2 conv. sedan and his car carries the same emblem I have. Darin was a foremost authority on '36 Dodge cars in the 80's and 90's. He's the guy that made the beautiful dash decals.I bought the skirts from him. There is a variant of Uptown's emblem used on Chryslers that has a sharper front curve and a gently sweeping tail.

I found an old thread of Feb.24 2014 about this same thing. There is a photo of a 1936 Dodge accessory book showing my style of emblem on the skirts. Also an interesting read. One of the posters said that they had some extra emblems, they may be gone by now but who knows.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
On 11/16/2019 at 5:17 PM, dpcdfan said:

Hopefully, this picture will be helpful even though it's for 37-38 skirts. Top from left: Desoto and Plymouth.

Bottom from left Chrysler and Dodge.

1937-38 MOPAR Fender Skir.jpg

Where these emblems attached to that bolt in the middle and turned/rotated to disengage the attaching rods on the inside?  Or were they purely cosmetic?  I have a 1938 DeSoto and am looking for fender skirts - most of the current sellers of reproductions to not have the emblem, yet most original ones do.

On 2/12/2024 at 4:18 PM, Michael Carney said:

Where these emblems attached to that bolt in the middle and turned/rotated to disengage the attaching rods on the inside?  Or were they purely cosmetic?  I have a 1938 DeSoto and am looking for fender skirts - most of the current sellers of reproductions to not have the emblem, yet most original ones do.

I have a nice solid straight original pair that is for 37-38