New 1940 Super in Hawaiian Orchard Pink, showroom floor.

Morgan Wright

• 3 months later...

Amazing footage ... that '40 has a show car past, I'd bet! Notice the non-standard chromed rear fender stone guard. Although it seems to be in a dealership in the film, wondering if it could have been a show car for the Golden Gate International Exposition going on in Oakland 1939-40? Also, it is a Model 71 Roadmaster, same body as Super but four inches longer in front-end, with four section (Su;er had three) louvers on front fender and 15" inch wheels.)

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 10.40.59 PM.jpg

• Like 2

On 3/5/2020 at 10:50 PM, allcars said:

Amazing footage ... that '40 has a show car past, I'd bet! Notice the non-standard chromed rear fender stone guard. Although it seems to be in a dealership in the film, wondering if it could have been a show car for the Golden Gate International Exposition going on in Oakland 1939-40? Also, it is a Model 71 Roadmaster, same body as Super but four inches longer in front-end, with four section (Su;er had three) louvers on front fender and 15" inch wheels.)

Good catch Mr. B.!  I like the chromed gravel guards.

Those stone guards are neat, and a friend of mine in Michigan has, or had, a '41 Special coupe with stainless ones, that looked like the ones the car in the film has. He said he believed they were original. Never found out any more about them.

Keith

• Like 1