1928 GE engine parts misc brake parts

(S)

Making more space and I have a 1928  Serial #  1427942  frame, chassis, engine , and parts from it to get rid of.

The engine is GE  18967  a large looking 6 cylinder.

I'll be parting it out since the thing did not sell 'whole'  It has most of a crusty engine, bad manifold, no carb.

It has some good engine side covers, maybe even the crank. it has a head, GEN,  STarter,  Oil pump, and misc parts.  it has a bell housing, no flywheel or clutch. 

The frame  is good- , chassis, brakes,  are mostly there.  it has good looking front drums and all of the brake bits look fine, - I need a spec. so I can Mic the drums for you.  They are smooth and nice- but how nice?   

Right fender,  fender brace/ headlight bar,  engine side metal, right running board brackets, right side metal, gas tank are also 'present' but rough. 

The differential is all there,  and may not turn, but I hope the axles come out and are good --  the  Fender, side panels, crank, axles and  some of these parts still need removal and need inspection before selling.    Also have other parts. 

Will trade for 1932 Commander Model 71 parts.  Looking for tail light, bracket,  left rear 1/4 glass interior  window moulding,  fender lights,  front bumper,   hood center hinge 'strip' / molding, front end cap for it.  

I have the front drums off,  they Mic at  12  1/32nd  and are smooth  and usable as is for probably quite a few more miles.  The brake hardware and shoes are also nice, the shoes need re-lining.

I have 1 wheel  with dented hub cap  Yard art 

The headlight bar is good with hardware.

The wheel bearings, races   and  (Rim )  wheel locks also look good.

It has a decent looking cylinder head,  Accessory drive 'housing'  oil pump,   And a bunch of other good stuff.

Working on the crankshaft, oil pan ,  engine side covers gas tank and then final disposal pretty soon    ( Scrap )

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure without taking it apart some more.  It was clean and fresh, but looks like a pinch bolt was wrong and scored a cylinder wall then it sat. 

I have seen this on many late Studebaker engines, but not sure if these share that design.  I assume they do. I am trying to get it apart without forcing it.  It 's head may be good,  may have a crank and a few internals . Not sure if it will come apart before Winter. 

I may have found another one left over from a hot rod project but have no data on it yet. .  If you are looking PM me.

That is a light six engine design , same as the Dictator.

What is wrong with your Waterpump?

Where are you located?

If you are not in a hurry I maybe able to find one.

I am old and slow and it is too cold in the warehouse.

Robert Kapteyn

Joliet Illinois

815 two one two 2389

Rubel Castle is located in Glendora Ca. Just east of Los Angeles.

We had it running in 2017 and the water pump started leaking, one of our volunteers removed it to fix it, we’re not sure where it is ,may be in pieces. We’re still looking.

Hans Hermann

626 eight two four 6633

CF7F2907-85FE-46B3-9351-A21011F52229.jpeg