Classic ANCO wiper arm

Brooklyn Beer

Thought finding a classic ANCO wiper arm would be easy to locate but nope.  Can't find a part number on it. Came off a 1963 Dodge 880 custom.  It is 14 inches from post to end with blade holder assembly attached as one part.  Has a crook the last inch of the arm. Polished nickle. Where it attaches to the post is an expose nut that screws onto the post.  My attachment "gear" within the arm is cracked in 3 places and will not mate up to the post.   Any idea where to get one?

It is 14 inches from post connection to blade assembly pivot with that little crook at the blade end.  The dog is slightly broken as well but provided good contrast back ground.  Finding one with the exposed attaching nut seems to be a tall order. Picked up this "run around" dodge 880 cheap and just working through making it safety inspection ready.

20190827_190115.jpg

Edited by Brooklyn Beer (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Grimy said:

I *believe* ANCO was only aftermarket, whereas Trico was OEM--but that may be for earlier cars.  You might want to search for a Trico application as well.

Mopar used ANCO wipers from the factory in these years.

• Like 2

I might have something that will work and you can't beat the price.  Here is a matched pair of Ancos.  I couldn't find a good complete exact match to yours.  These are the replacements that are adjustable as shown in the one photo with the lock opened up from smaller than you need to way longer.  I even found a good set of refills for the blades.  I believe the ends are adjustable as well,  but wasn't smart enough to figure out how to change the angle.   

Let me know if you think they will work.  They are all stainless just in a MAtt finish so you could polish them if you so desired or just use them, then replace them when you find an exact replacement.  Good strong springs on them as well.

IMG_6653.JPG

IMG_6654.JPG

IMG_6655.JPG

IMG_6656.JPG

IMG_6657.JPG

IMG_6658.JPG

• Like 1

Well here is my problem.  My extra crap is either building materials and lumber or antique brewery and beer crap. Both of which I have accumulated well over a metric shit ton of. So much crap I had to build a full size bar off the house to house all the crap. Never really accumulated old car crap and what I had "vanished" at one of Dads fire sales when I was deployed oversea's and he needed more room for his crap.  I don't think life is really lived till someone comes over and says "Man you really have quite a pile of crap there, what do you plan to do with all that crap?"  Of course they then offer you some of their crap to add to your pile of crap because the crap is just to good to throw away like their wife wants them too and if you tossed it, the next week you really find out you needed that one crappy item that was in the middle of that shit ton of crap.  Or is it in the other pile of crap ?