Thursday was a nice day for a ride.

Took my 1912 Mitchell for a 75 mile run on Thursday. Covered a few miles on the 1913 route of the Lincoln Highway. Was a nice day trip. The Store in the background is the Olivesburg General Store https://www.facebook.com/LikeOGS/ It has been in operation since the 1800's and has a nice deli counter. They will make you a great sandwich or an ice cream cone. A few miles to the south is the prison where the movie Shawshank Redemption was filmed. Just north of Mansfield Ohio. The area is full of farms, rolling hills and animals both wild and domestic. 

12mitch69.jpg

Edited by Brass is Best (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tomcarnut said:

Cool, you were near where I grew up. Might have seen a 13 Stevens-Duryea Model C near there owned by a friend of mine that would give your Mitchell a good run in a drag. Hope to stop in to see you soon. 

Tom Muth

Cincinnati, Ohio 

I know where that Stevens lives as well. I was in his backyard.

Your Mitchell is a great car. I was first  inside the collection when the family decided to sell some of the cars. At the time, you car wasn’t for sale. I ended up with a few cars and a bunch of parts. Nice family and a true collectors collector. I would have liked to have either one of the two big brass cars.............such is the way of the world, we can’t land them all. 90 percent of the fun is the chase!

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1