Hubcap paint? - 1930 Pontiac

SDLARS

Thought I had seen a rendition of a '30 where parts of the hubcap were painted red. Can't find the picture now. Was this something that was done to all, most or did the artist just decide it was a good idea? I had a couple of beat up caps so I took one and painted it as you see in the photo. 

Any And all opinions welcome.20190331_171805.thumb.jpg.83ea5f8cb06713004efdad1c30213f1f.jpg

I have several NOS caps.  They have all got the one inner red stripe.

As an experiment I painted the red stripe on an old cap and painted the center blue, polishing off the letters and the Indian head.  I thought it looked sharp but not original

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2019 at 6:20 AM, SDLARS said:

Black on the radiator shell? Do you mean on the area below the core around the crank cover? If so, no. I'd forgotten about that.

Rad shell should be painted like this.

2.jpg

• 2 years later...

Hi all, bit late to post on this thread but hoping I may be able to obtain a hubcap for my big six pride and joy. Looks like a trophy hunter may of taken a liking today at a local car show to one of my caps. But perhaps I may of forgotten to nip it up tight…. Anyway gutted. Pic attatched of the style / pattern I need to be happy again. I’m in the uk. If I have posted in incorrect place could one of you kind folk suggest the best place. I’m definitely not going to get one of these in England. Kind regards Chris. 

C6116AE4-EC37-45A0-87DD-17E7E3ED9DB2.png

B022D9A2-E1B4-43C5-B670-B068735501B3.jpeg