56 speedo and odometer issue

56 Buick

As I understand it the 56 was a once off for many parts including the speedo.

I have the often seen the red bar stuck and the odometer no longer reading on these cars. I am not too fussed about the odometer but does anyone know if there is a self fix for the stuck red bar (which I understand is not a bar but on a roller)?

I know I can always send it off for repair but I am wondering whether there is a simple fix possibilty.

The previous owner told me he attempted to fix the speedo by replacing the cable but that obviously didn't work.

Any help appreciated as I have the crash pad off at the moment so I have access to the speedo unit.

Thanks

Drew

Sometimes the magnets can fall out of alignment and get stuck. I've been told you can just easily massage it once apart to get it loose again. If its not spinning with a new cable, and the odometer isn't working, I'd try and pull the speedo sender out of the Dynaflow and see if it still has teeth.

It appears this one died early on also but I will pull the sender unit at the dynaflow and see if there are teeth... I suppose the same applies in some form at the speedometer unit end itself, as the 'turning teeth or similar' there may have issue given the cable has been trying to move the stuck unit.