Sactownog

WHAT OIL GOES IN OIL BATH FILTER

I just re-conditioned my oil bath air filter on top of the Carburator of my 1933 Dodge, can someone tell me what OIL goes in the OIL Bath Filter? 

Your owners/operators book or shop manual should tell you exactly.  Before all the multi grade engine oils most people just used the same oil as they put in the crankcase.

SAE 50 engine oil.

Napa has it (Valvoline VR-1) or at least they have some at the warehouse.

Probably any motor oil would work..

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

Any oil. It just acts as a wetting agent to catch the dust as it turns the corner, changing from down to up while moving at speed in the air silencer. The little bit left in the bottle after an engine oil change would do. Way back it might have been used engine oil but I wouldn't use that, it can be a bit acidic if a lot of shorter runs have been done recently. Any left over (engine) oil out of any bottle will be fine.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:51 AM, Spinneyhill said:

Any oil. It just acts as a wetting agent to catch the dust as it turns the corner, changing from down to up while moving at speed in the air silencer. The little bit left in the bottle after an engine oil change would do. Way back it might have been used engine oil but I wouldn't use that, it can be a bit acidic if a lot of shorter runs have been done recently. Any left over (engine) oil out of any bottle will be fine.

Thank you for all your help spinneyhill, you are always very helpful.