Fuse location

mikeyz123

hey guys, I appreciate all the helpful answers and advice, so my radio isn’t working in my 1949 Chrysler windsor and i am thinking it is a bad fuse or something , but cant seem to find the location of the fuses. Does anyone have an idea of the exact location?

First, I would suggest testing your theory, by using a test light to see whether or not you have power to the hot wire leading into your radio. If so, there would be no value in digging all through the wiring harnesses, etc, looking for circuit problems. Conversely, you could do it the other way, by running a wire from the positive terminal of the battery around the outside of the car, and into your passenger compartment. Lying on the front floor, touch that lead to the last connector you can find leading into the positive side of the radio. If it comes on, you'll know  for a fact that you have a connection problem somewhere in that power supply line.

You just might find that the radio has problems of its own, which would be better to learn BEFORE you have spent too much time searching for fuses, circuit breakers, or bad connections.