Plastic Fuel Line 1990

padgett

Just to clear up some confusion....

On 1990 and 1991 Reattas, the lines are stainless steel starting at the fuel rail and going to about halfway down the incline where they go towards the back of the car. 

On a coupe, this is where the fuel filter is located. 

Padgett is presumably working on his 1990 convertible. On the convertibles, they transition from stainless to plastic at the same point. HOWEVER, if you've owned a convertible, you know that the fuel filter is located just in front of the drivers rear wheel. 

'88 and '89 Reattas are a whole different beast when it comes to fuel lines. 

You can buy kits to splice GM plastic fuel lines together. They're not cheap, but they work well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCReatta said:

Just to clear up some confusion....

On 1990 and 1991 Reattas, the lines are stainless steel starting at the fuel rail and going to about halfway down the incline where they go towards the back of the car. 

On a coupe, this is where the fuel filter is located. 

Padgett is presumably working on his 1990 convertible. On the convertibles, they transition from stainless to plastic at the same point. HOWEVER, if you've owned a convertible, you know that the fuel filter is located just in front of the drivers rear wheel. 

'88 and '89 Reattas are a whole different beast when it comes to fuel lines. 

You can buy kits to splice GM plastic fuel lines together. They're not cheap, but they work well. 

Thanks for the information. Never owning a convertible I wouldn't have any idea of that. 

Well I bought a Dorman 800-012 barbed splice from Amazon, cut out the nicked section and shoved the two pieces together Really Hard (over at least three barbs on either side) seems to be working fine.

BTW on my 90 'vert there under the mid-back door area, there are two 5/16 plastic fuel lines