Cam Bearing Help

Garysriv

Just got my block back from the Chevy/ford machine shop, pretty sure the cam bearings are in wrong.  Can someone please confirm front to back which bearings go where?  The 3 holer is in the front.  They put the 2 hole one in the second position and one of the holes goes nowhere, has metal behind it. 3,4,5 are one holes, but I dont think the 2 hole goes in the #2 spot front to back......

On 1/16/2019 at 10:27 PM, 95Cardinal said:

Good catch.

How long has that place been assembling engines?

And, Russ Martin is a GREAT resource!

I have had good and bad experience with this guy.  If HE does it, it seems okay, if an employee does it, check it.  I have to check everything, and this was one stupid screw up.  I mean really?  And I only waited 7 months.  Yes, Russ is fantastic.

• 1 month later...

Russ is exactly as Gary sez. Russ will tell you what you need to know. If you or a paid does work check and double check your work

as Russ can be blunt.

ive purchased parts from Russ and the package of parts were a tad bit high priced. However, his package of parts had everything I needed. And the parts were absolutely correct that I ordered from Russ.

There is a resource that is expert in every letter of the word mechanic. PM me and Ill give you his name and phone number for parts and telephone assistance.

Turbinator