Want to buy passenger side door mirror for 70 Buick

Bill Barry

Looking for correct passenger side door mirror for 70 Buick Estate Wagon. I think same mirror fit many full sized Buick’s. 

Non remote, manual only. No pits. Will need a pic before purchase. Rubber gasket would be great.  Rang of $ 75 - 125.

rochcarbuff455@gmail.com

585 615 0684

Bill Barry

Bill Barry, if your car didn't come with a passenger-side

mirror in the first place, can you live without one?

I wouldn't consider a car unsafe with only one external mirror.

Clearly the original owner did without it.  Consider saving the money.

Older cars often didn't have all the accessories we see today.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Passenger door mirrors were an option at the time, not standard equipment.  In GM speak, an RPO like DD4.  Most of the mirror options on cars are in the D_ _ section of the GM RPO code book.  Look on the lower 1/2 of this page for some of the options.  They continue on the next page.

Mirror.jpg

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Bill Barry,

I also have a 1970 Buick Estate Wagon and have several times wished for a passenger side mirror.  I would like to see pictures of your project and learn if and where you find one.

Thanks, Rob

• Like 1

hard to believe that this was a rarely chosen option back then . I picked up a fairly nice 75 mirror for my 72 as I need one for backing out my garage and just feel I should need one on there for general driving . it doesn't match the 72 drivers side but will do until I find a correct one but no way im paying the $400 they can go for .

@Bill Barry   being a newbie, made the following post and mistakenly hit the "report" button instead of the post button.  PMing him now  to try and give some guidance re posting and picture posting now.

Hello. As a new member, I don’t know how to send u a pic of my estate wagon. Send me your e mail and I will get one off to u and yo plz do the same. Hoping for a wagon show in the NE soon.