1935 Model K

Ken_P

I'm a Packard guy, but kind of looking at a 1935 Lincoln Model K. A ton of newbie questions:
- Where can I find model info, etc.? It is a four door with dual sidemounts. I think it's a sedan, because I don't remember there being jumpseats. Is there a repository for serial number or body tag information?

- How hard is it to do wood work on this car? The rear drivers door sags.

- The engine was rebuilt in the 90s, which I find encouraging. 
- The upper body is aluminum. Is this standard?

- How hard is it to restore the parquet interior?

- What is the availability of parts? Overall, the car appears to be solid and complete, except for some rust under the door sills.

Anything else I should be concerned about?

Thanks in advance!

Ken the Lincoln Owners Club publishes a production records book, models serial numbers etc.

On my 36 the body tag is located on the seat riser under the cushion, will tell you the body builder, number and model. If you have this

I can look up what you are looking at.

Wood work is a tough question since we don't know what your capabilities are. Some find it daunting, I don't because I've been doing it a

long time. Anytime the sills are bad it can be challenging. I am presently doing wood on my 36 LeBaron Cabriolet .

Interior wood is just like refinishing furniture.

1935 parts are available but very few pre war Lincoln K parts  are inexpensive.

Would suggest you join the LOC and you may wish to check the LOC and Lincoln K facebook groups

Best of luck , John Kelso

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JAK said:

Mr Harwood did the Lincoln K a disservice. I find them to be among the finest cars built, and yes I am speaking from experience

What have I done wrong?

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)