ID Convertible and Van

WWII Cars

This is my first post, so I apologize if it is not in the correct thread.

I need help to identify two separate vehicles.

1.  French Convertible destroyed in 1940, it resembles a Mathis PYC Roadster, but there are other French model vehicles that have a similar smooth trunk and spare tire on the back.

2.  German van in Russia 1941/42, it resembles a Fordson E83W.

Damaged French Car.jpg

German Van in Russia.jpg

Edited by WWII Cars (see edit history)

Really good direction with the Dodge!

Here is what I found, 1936 Dodge 0.5-ton Panel Delivery.  The front grill looks similar, what do you think?  

Do you know if these were made in Germany or if they had access to these vans prior to the war?

http://www.autogallery.org.ru/gdodge.htm

dodge-de-luxe-suburban-03.jpg

The convertible can't be a Model A as it has door frames with the top down. Is there any kind of car that has the frames independent of the roof? I suppose it could be a sport coupe with a hacked off roof but some other things don't look A like the steering wheel and the wheels

Edited by Dave Mellor NJ (see edit history)
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dave Mellor NJ said:

The convertible can't be a Model A as it has door frames with the top down. Is there any kind of car that has the frames independent of the roof? I suppose it could be a sport coupe with a hacked off roof but some other things don't look A like the steering wheel and the wheels

It sure looks like a 1928 Ford sport coupe to me. If you look closely, you will see the curved spokes on the steering wheel. Yes, it has newer wheels. Here is a similar car....

1928 Ford sport coupe.JPG

Great suggestions gentlemen!  So it may very well be a 1928/29 Sport Coupe or Cabriolet.  I found these 2 drawings that might help from https://www.rods-customs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17075&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&sid=77c43a476b3dbe2928e58a6356438009

The question is would this model be available in France in ubiquitous enough numbers to get caught up in the crossfire of a firefight in a random French city?

28-29-roadster.jpg

28-29-cabriolet.jpg

• 1 month later...