1937 Buick Frame off

bhemi

While I think you would find that you could get a more reliable car at a lower cost by simply restoring the original components, if you are determined to create a street rod out of it, you would have a lot better luck selling parts if you identify which series it is. I would guess it is a Special, but I can't tell for sure from your photos. 

It is a special. It's a Canadian McLaughlin but still a 40. 248 Straight 8 and 5 bolt 3 speed. I am keeping it all Buick. Putting a 401 nail head in it. And keeping a standard transmission, just 3 more gears. I think the motor and tranny were worked on. Oil both looks like it just came out of the can. It was a stalled restoration that spent years in a barn. Saved the body but the interior is shot and missing bits. Look at the seat

buickseatfront.jpg

Dave Tacheny would probably have any parts needed for the original drivetrain as well as any replacement parts needed for the interior or body. LeBaron Bonney/Hampton Coach should have a complete kit for the interior panels, seats, headliner, etc. 

Sorry. Guess I was a bit ahead of myself. I know most people here are into restoration. I live in Vancouver Canada and anybody needing that running gear or chassis is welcome to contact me. I'd like to see it put to good use and I don't have a use for it. The frame is near perfect, never hit and surface rust only.

• Like 1

You have obviously created two different user profiles. I would encourage you to only use one profile. Having two different profiles is going to cause you and others a lot of unnecessary confusion. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Another one bites the dust.

To each their own.

One of 311.   How many do people think are still around.  I believe that model was only available in the 40 series.  Didn't the 60 series McBuick coupe only come with a rumble seat?   And the 80 and 90 series never had closed body coupes...just Phantoms?  Those stats are for McBuicks.  DOYDD.