Must sell my '89 TC

Tony T.

For Sale;  1989 Chrysler TC by Maserati  -  $2000 or best offer.

Must sell one of the toys.  Yellow, Ginger Interior, Black top.  2.2 TII Auto.

Not currently running.  Has a intermittent connection at the Fuel Pump Connector, I had intended to fix but have not the time and would rather turn it into cash. 

The Good:

Has FWD Performance Computer (huge difference if you’ve never had the pleasure).

Brake Accumulator replaced when I first got the car about 10 years ago.

New Hood Struts.  Have OEM Window sweeps not installed.

Original Radio replaced with newer Sebring unit so backlight would match the dash.

No issues with Top Pull Down, Convertible top or Power Windows.

No body damage (except small ‘Heritage’ dent left from original owner).

The Bad:

Windshield is broken, one original wheel replaced by original owner with Chrysler Lace.

Drivers side Headlight has small chip.  Odometer not working.

Rust at bottom of doors/front fenders. 

Rubber Trim on nose loose, also lower Door Trim (see pictures) 

Seat Leather is worn/torn.  Driver’s side Mirror is broken/hanging.

Fuel Door Release handle missing, does not open door.

Lots of Miles (original owner drove it daily in MI), I bought it from his Grandson.

89 TC (6).jpg

89 TC (4).jpg

89 TC (2).jpg

89 TC (5).jpg

For Sale;  1989 Chrysler TC by Maserati  -  $2000 or best offer.

Must sell one of the toys.  Yellow, Ginger Interior, Black top.  2.2 TII Auto.

Not currently running.  Has a intermittent connection at the Fuel Pump Connector, I had intended to fix but have not the time and would rather turn it into cash.  

The Good:

Has FWD Performance Computer (huge difference if you’ve never had the pleasure).

Brake Accumulator replaced when I first got the car about 10 years ago.

New Hood Struts.  Have OEM Window sweeps not installed.

Original Radio replaced with newer Sebring unit so backlight would match the dash.

No issues with Top Pull Down, Convertible top or Power Windows.

No body damage (except small ‘Heritage’ dent left from original owner).

The Bad:

Windshield is broken, one original wheel replaced by original owner with Chrysler Lace.

Drivers side Headlight has small chip.  Odometer not working.

Rust at bottom of doors/front fenders.  

Rubber Trim on nose loose, also lower Door Trim (see pictures)  

Seat Leather is worn/torn.  Driver’s side Mirror is broken/hanging.

Fuel Door Release handle missing, does not open door.

Lots of Miles (original owner drove it daily in MI), I bought it from his Grandson.

89 TC (2).jpg

Do I see a lot of rust in the rocker panel?

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_26eb.thumb.jpg.0ce8bd6b66e75fb98ccb73d973067e37.jpg

Here is what I did with one from Ohio. You can see the rust in the rocker panel in this photo too.  The underneath was completely rusted away.

That's about the saddest TC picture I've ever seen...yes, mine is bad where you would expect, It's had brake and fuel lines go away, fuel tank strap, stuff like that...never going to be new again, but it's still got some life left (I suppose living in the rust belt gives one a distorted sense of reality at times...)

TT

Yes, that is a bad sign. The one that met JAWS was a good looking car on top, but the underneath was so bad, when the car was delivered to my shop on a transporter from Ohio the

rear tires slid in the pavement as I drove the car to the shop. It needed a TURBO, but when I revealed the underneath to the owner, he decided to call it quits.

P1030550.thumb.JPG.f6100d0ccbf6f26d2d3c1299e1eebc17.JPG

P1030556.thumb.JPG.676468df291c389e5f945679ca83e0d1.JPG

P1030563.thumb.JPG.2feeae4691f49bc76fffc9e287395ff5.JPG

I guess people in the rust belt have to put up with this sort of thing, but in Arizona or California where my shop was, this is / was little too much.

Edited by Hemi Dude (see edit history)

On 8/24/2018 at 11:31 AM, 89Chryslerati said:

Hemi I like the 'Baron clip on the TC lol just having fun or is that someone's project? I'd love to see more pics of that!

That was a project that would have worked out well. Just needed to link the rear portion of a TC fender to the forward section of 'Baron' fender. The project was not completed since I retired, closed the business in CA, scrapped ALL the remaining cars. Have no place to work in a "55 and older "senior encampment" in AZ.

If you have noticed how the front fender sheetmetal on a NASCAR splits when the car is in an accident, the sheetmetal pieces are joined in the wheel arch. Try it some time with a TC that has front end damage. There should be many around due to ABS brake failure. lol

• 1 year later...