Fold away cup holder install

Installed in a 28 standard six. Purist won't like it but it did not require any drilling or modification to the car. It's too hot not to drive with water accessable, not even safe really. Here is the final product. I will post how I built it below

• Like 1

These hinges were just the ticket! They clamp on one side and screw on the other. I painted them to match and glued felt pads to keep from scratching the paint. They have quite a bit of resistance built in so even with a coffee they hold their position. They allow me to clamp to the dashboard firmly. Can be easily removed without damage

Screenshot_20180724-214434_Chrome.jpg

Edited by David_Leech
Spelling (see edit history)

Decided on a fold way system to make it easy for people to get in and out. I originally planned to screw the cup holder to the floor. Was not an ideal location. Passenger side wasn't doing much and was easily within arm's reach.

My second idea was to utilize the existing holes under the dash for the right hand drive steering arrangement. I researched a number of hinge designs before randomly stumbling on these. Eureka!

The cutting board was chosen because it was exactly the size I needed, premade, and the others in the set are in my kitchen now. Also needed to bump up my order to qualify for free shipping.

I try to drive this car as much as possible so small modifications like this make it just that much more enjoyable! My only rule is I will not make a change to the car that cannot be undone easily and will leave no permanent damage if the next owner chooses to remove it

• Like 2