blastermike

locomobile truck

Hi, I was wondering if there are any known survivors of complete locomobile trucks in the US?  I had a chance to buy a really bad basket case in California about 7 yrs ago the chassis was rolled up into a ball about 2 metres in diameter had no wheels or radiator, but had the drivetrain in amongst the twisted up chassis,  if anyone knows of any i'd be interested to hear about it,

thanks mike Cameron.

• Like 1

There are a few Locomobile trucks, but they are not common and seldom are spoken about.  I have a similar question regarding the locations of any existing Riker trucks or parts thereof.  Riker was the lead engineer at Locomobile and was probably the "behind the scenes" designer of many of the early Locomobile automobiles.  He did know how to design and build quality products.  The RIker truck line was named after him.  While we are looking for your elusive Locomobile or USA truck/parts, keep an eye open for anything Riker or Kissell.  I am interested in either.

Alan

Hi Alan,  i'll keep that in mind, there was a early kissell for sale at desert classics ? in  montana, it has been for sale for a long time, I think asking price 8K ?  from memory, got pictures of it from the owner last year, only ever seen one riker on a UK website it came up for auction I think in Holland? very original and complete, which is the complete opposite to how you find things down here, as fate would go about 2 yrs after passing up on the locomobile truck parts a rolling chassis was advertised in france and it was in very good condition, so you never know I guess.

thanks mike.

Hello everyone,  I just read, in an HMN article, that two different groups are planning cross country excursions, in 2019, to re-enact the crossing of the US by Military vehicles in 1919, ( on the Lincoln Hiway).  What caught my attention is the reference to one of the original participants, on the crossing in 1919, was a Riker truck.  Does anyone have additional information or pictures that speak about that particular Riker truck?  Riker was the head engineer at Locomobile.  His name was used on the heavy trucks and were built by Locomobile, if memory serves me correctly.  I would like to see technical spec's. for the Riker truck also to see how different or similar components would be with the Locomobile automobiles.  Please share with this group if you have any information.

Al