chrysler general

I have a flat head four for a 1028 Chrysler, "I think"!!!  Have had this for a number of years in my garage and would like to sell.  Also, would like to know value???    stamped 9406 A , and once again, would like to   confirm the details of year, Chrysler etc or web site where this can be done?????    THANK YOU! 

Hi,

Your pictures are very blurred, but show a Chrysler 4 cyl motor.

I assume the number  9406A is stamped just below the head and above the water outlet, on the left side of the block ??

Most Chrysler books refer to the 4 cyl motors as starting with an " I " prefix, but all the motors I have come across in this part of the world have an "A" suffix to the number.

George Dammans book 70 years of Chrysler says the model 50 of 1927 had motor numbers starting 1001 to 83000, so I would say your motor falls into this category.

The value of your motor will depend on its condition and how much it is needed. I sold a series 50 motor about 10 years ago to a guy in India for £500, (at the time about USD$1000),  it was complete like yours, turned freely but needed rebuilding.

Viv.