Kyle and all : you would be VASTLY ahead to buy Frank Wilkies Buick sedan. Way better condition , and thououghly renovated mechanically. Poor Frank , he is dealing with health issues with dignity and generousity. I am surprised that no one here has snapped his car up. Frank is down to $20k , and in the condition his is in , that is a bargain. I think Frank's Bu' is in even better shape than my original '27 Cad sedan , particularly in the no expense spared recommissioning. Give him a call , Kyle. He is a wonderful guy to talk to. I would love to meet you some time when I escape the 7 or 8 months gloomy Winter about 1000 miles North of you. Seriously. Anyone who gets Frank's car will spend the rest of their ownership being increasingly happy with their purchase. Not to mention the good deed in helping Frank.   Would if I could ,   -  Carl 

3 hours ago, C Carl said:

Or the pickup ?

Yep my son Darren flew  out their to go test drive it for me  and talk to frank about it .It's on it's way home soon waiting on shippers. Now to start on the new supper light wight aluminum trailer for the Buick nationals might make it yet this year .The pickup I have 4 Buick's  waiting to get back on the road.

Edited by sligermachine (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Kyle

All I can say is whatever you've got, you've got it bad! I think you are almost at dealership status with these cars.

I kept looking ad Frank's car , not only is it unique but it is also driveable .  Unfortunately , it is the money/space issue for me .

Awesome purchase and I'm really glad to see someone 'rescue' Frank's car.

Brad

NO . NO !  Kyle bought the '39 Ford P.U. NOT Franks Bu'. I just got off the phone with Frank. If any of you are within comfortable cruising range of Southern Illinois , stop and visit him. He must take it VERY easy for a while. I am sure you would enjoy a visit , and Frank could likely use just a little help with a few car things. (Or maybe just help mowing the lawn). Now listen up : any of you open nickle era car guys , do yourself a great big favor and get a sedan of the period too. The quiet comfort while you are surrounded by more old car than any open one can offer. If you are into original old cars , and like reliable touring with them , this may well prove to be the best nickle sedan under $30k you are likely to find. Yank the bank for 20 and go see Frank. Tinker around with that carb , and drive the Bu' home to wherever you liveby way of the slow scenic country roads. And listen up you young fellas. I happen to know what results from driving around in a beautiful , green , late '20s sedan. Look : I am way too old to play the game. If I was 40 years younger and doing what i did back then , and knew what i know now , I would get a "chick magnet" like this , and profile 'round and about. If you are married , you had better get yourself some chick repellant to preserve domestic tranquility. 

Serious as my two heart attacks ,    Cadillac Carl 

62816D41-E823-4C8A-8092-09D801F25C6F.jpeg

256AF6EC-9971-40CF-9697-25B18BBFD3F7.jpeg

• Like 1