1957 Wheel Cylinder Pins

lancemb

I need at least 3 of the pins that go in the wheel cylinders to actuate the shoes on front; unfortunately they do not come with the wheel cylinders themselves when you buy them, as they usually do on newer models.  I'm trying to find these quickly, as I'm ready to put front brakes together and just realized I don't have these.  Any sources would be appreciated.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, Beemon said:

These are readily available over the counter in both the square head end and the tubular fork end styles. 

I don't know why I had so much trouble finding them online then.  I think I pitched mine because they got badly bent while prying the frozen shoes and drums off.  The one I saved is slightly bent even.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/UBP80743

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/UBP80459?interchange=1

The top one is the traditional ones I've seen, which I don't really care for considering they always would bend on me and require straightening. The bottom one is a part interchange for a 68 Riviera, which uses the same wheel cylinders and shoes as our vintage of Buicks. I prefer these ones because they aren't prone to bending, however I've been told they allow a lot more degree of freedom in regards to flexing on the pivot. You just need to find someone at your local parts store that still has these interchange or universal parts books lying around. It's saved me quite a bit of money vs buying "specialized hardware" on restoration websites that have considerable markup. And getting them either same day or next day shipping to the local location from the warehouse (at my old place, I lived the same distance from the warehouse as my local parts outlet, so it was win/win for me) is always a tremendous plus.