1959 Electra 225 convertible

oldstyle

Hello,

I just picked up a 59 Electra 225 convertible with some rust issues. I'm going to start looking for panels so I was wondering what is shared among the 3 models. I know the 225 is the longest model but is that length in the fenders or quarter panels? Will any 2 door 59 deck lid fit? Mine is tweaked and there is some rust in the weatherstripping channel. Also the panel that runs above the trunk lid and between the fenders needs to be replaced. I did find the buick-59 site but not sure it's still active.

Thanks for the help!

Raul

IMG_5718.jpg

IMG_5720.jpg

IMG_5722.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldstyle said:

Thanks, I've always liked 59's and couldn't pass on a convertible. 

For those who were wondering, I did find a old post says the extra length is from the rear quarters. 

59 Buick is my most favorite of all Buicks.  Fell in love with a 59 Invicta back in my teenage years.   Some how I ended up with a 60 Electra and a 54 Special. :blink:    

• Like 2

olstyle, the Electra 225 convertibles shared their body panels with the regular Electra 2-door hardtop, but there are many parts that will interchange among all series.  

Hoods and front fenders will interchange among all '59 Buicks.

Doors will interchange among all 2-door hardtops and convertibles.

Trunk lids will interchange among all '59 Buicks.  (But I would confirm the length, just in case the Electra 225 4-door hardtops have longer trunk lids to match their longer rear decks.

The extra length of your Electra 225 convertible is in that portion of the rear quarter panel between the door and the rear wheel opening, so the rear quarter window frame and glass is unique to the Electra 225 convertible, but is, as I understand it, the same as that used on Cadillac and Olds Ninety Eight.

I hope that this helps.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Centurion said:

olstyle, the Electra 225 convertibles shared their body panels with the regular Electra 2-door hardtop, but there are many parts that will interchange among all series.  

Hoods and front fenders will interchange among all '59 Buicks.

Doors will interchange among all 2-door hardtops and convertibles.

Trunk lids will interchange among all '59 Buicks.  (But I would confirm the length, just in case the Electra 225 4-door hardtops have longer trunk lids to match their longer rear decks.

The extra length of your Electra 225 convertible is in that portion of the rear quarter panel between the door and the rear wheel opening, so the rear quarter window frame and glass is unique to the Electra 225 convertible, but is, as I understand it, the same as that used on Cadillac and Olds Ninety Eight.

I hope that this helps.

Wow, that's very helpful! Thanks for taking the time to write all that information. Now I have a good idea of what I need to start looking for. 

Lucky man , been one of my favourites since I first saw one for sale on this forum 2/3 years ago.

good investment to , I should have bought as notice prices for the 59 and 60 have risen dramatically,  car I saw about 20 k more for comparable 

• Like 1