Engine and Trans mounts supplier

Scott Mckenzie

54 minutes ago, TexRiv_63 said:

You may be better off having your mounts re-vulcanized, I'm sure others on here can recommend vendors.

The problem with that (as with a centerlink refurb, etc.) is that your car is out of commission and undriveable for a few weeks.  From that perspective, it's far better to swap out the old for the new and get back on the road the same day.  But yeah, the prices for these mounts were absurd the last time I looked.

If you're trusting what the local jobber's computer spits out, find the old guy behind the counter and have him look through the manufacturers catalog.  You  be surprised what's in the catalog.  If it's not a volume seller, it's not in the computer.  I have a friend who works for Advance Auto.  A year or so ago, he pulled out the Anchor catalog and found some stuff for my 64 that wasn't "online."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Scott Mckenzie said:

Looking for a source for new motor mounts and trans mounts for my`64 . 

Rock Auto has motor mounts but the trans mount eludes me. I have looked at CARS and OPIG ,There is a fella on E=bay  who has them all but big $$$ thanks, Scott

Scott, 

I found a link at Advance Auto for a transmission mount for about $6. As I said earlier, all TH400 mounts bolt to all TH400 transmissions, you might have to drill a couple of new holes in the crossmember to get it to fit your car.

• Like 1

I bought a new transmission mount for '65 last year from Centerville Auto who I think is the source you saw on Ebay. The mount fit perfectly with no drilling or modifications required. I agree $40 seems high when compared to the cost of the standard mount that is widely used but this is a low volume reproduction part and I thought it was worth the price to have the RIGHT part.  The motor mounts are widely available and you can easily just shop around for the best price. 

• Like 1