Looking for a 41 Buick Super or Roadmaster junk tailight complete

Dynaflash8

On eBay nobody seems to know there is a difference between the tailights used on 1941 Buick 50-70 Super and Roadmaster and those used on the 40-60-90 Special-Century&Limited.  They look the same to the naked eye, but they won't interchange.

I've managed to get enough parts to rebuild a left side like new with new plastic lens, and all three inside plastics.  I have an upper inside plastic condensing lens left for another light and I have a new chrome tailight frame for the right side.  I have new, reproduction rubber gaskets from Steele, but they really do not match the old ones on the car.  The old gaskets are pretty good and I may prefer to use them than the incorrect Steele reproductions.  I guess steel tried to make a one-size fits all.  Is there another rubber supplier out there?  There used to be.  Bob's sells the Steele reprocutions.  Does anybody know a really good way to rejuvenate old rubber?

All of this is "newsy", but to get down to fact, I need a junk passenger side tailight assembly for a 1941 Buick 50-70 series.  I prefer you saw it removed from such a car, doesn't matter if it is a sedan, coupe or convertible, but it has to be off of a Super or Roadmaster.  The number on the inside of the frame is a casting number I think, and as such not in the parts book, but I can look at my new frame to see what the number is.

I want to disassemble it for parts for my new tailight frame, so I do not have to disassemble my car until I can take it to a paint or restoration shop.  I want all of my chrome to ready to bolt on and go, after which I will sell the original chrome on the car.  That way, I'm trusting myself to not have a shop come up short or not be able to take this stuff apart since so many parts do not interchange, and I can see and hold the new trim in my hand before anybody else bolts it on the car.  I already got a pair of junk tailights and they turned out to be 40-60, but another friend had given me a LH tailight body and a man on this website sold me a new old stock tailight lens.  Anybody got a new RH tailight lens so I can avoid paying $91 plus postage for a pair of reproductions.  Otherwise I'll see if Bob's will sell me only one.  I realize the cost of reproducing, and don't have grief with those people's asking price.  If that's not the right way to spell tailight, it should be. :)

Thank you.  I would appreciate it.  The Steele rubbers that I got from Bob''s have thin edges.  Those on the car are very thick, especially toward the trunk.  Mine are in very good condition.  However, once removed they are probably very hard, and if that is so, once separated from the surface they probably won't properly seal again.  If that is the case they will leak.  I'd love to have that spare passenger side tailight.  My left inner tailight body had a loose connection between the tailight socket and the diecast body.  A friend gave me a new LH tailight body.  I was able to put together a complete unit with my new chrome from an old Series 40-60 light.  If I could just get another RH inner body that has the rectangle inner lense and the "baseball plate-looking" side lens I could do that again for the right side.  I have an extra upper inner lense.  I don't have to have the whole complete tailight.  Thanks to anybody for some help.

2 hours ago, Buicknutty said:

I am sorry to say that I don't have one.

Keith

Okay thanks for looking.  I found one, but it was high as the moon.  But, the man came down to $25 over what I thought it was worth, so I bought it to pay him for his trouble in looking in his stuff (and dealing me LOL)