Davis Buick Co, Dayton Ohio

billbuickgs

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 8:38 PM, supersix said:

I believe they were in business until around 1980. They had moved from that S. Main Street location and became Bob Ross Buick, which is still in operation.

I don't think so.

Davis Buick became Shannon Buick.  In about 1984/85, the Shannon brothers sold to Eugene Reichart.  Gene and his son still own the store, Reichard Buick on Main street in Dayton.  It is on the west side of I-75.

Bob Ross used to own the Buickstore in Richmond Indiana.  He bought the Buick store in Centerville, Ohio in 1979 and sold the store in Richmond, In.  Bob ran the Buick store in Centerville until his passing about 20 years ago.  His daughter Janelle now runs that operation.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

On 12/23/2017 at 11:00 PM, Larry Schramm said:

I don't think so.

Davis Buick became Shannon Buick.  In about 1984/85, the Shannon brothers sold to Eugene Reichart.  Gene and his son still own the store, Reichart Buick on Main street in Dayton.  It is on the west side of I-75.

Bob Ross used to own the Buickstore in Richmond Indiana.  He bought the Buick store in Centerville, Ohio in 1979 and sold the store in Richmond, In.  Bob ran the Buick store in Centerville until his passing about 20 years ago.  His daughter Janelle now runs that operation.

I bought a new '80 Buick at Davis Buick in Centerville after they had moved from Dayton. Shortly thereafter they became Bob Ross Buick. Shannon Buick was in business in the fifties, at least by 1951, so Davis Buick did not become Shannon Buick. Reichart (sic) Buick (formerly Shannon) is on Salem Avenue. It never was on Main St. You better go back and study-up.

8 hours ago, supersix said:

I bought a new '80 Buick at Davis Buick in Centerville after they had moved from Dayton. Shortly thereafter they became Bob Ross Buick. Shannon Buick was in business in the fifties, at least by 1951, so Davis Buick did not become Shannon Buick. Reichart (sic) Buick (formerly Shannon) is on Salem Avenue. It never was on Main St. You better go back and study-up.

:o:o

Ben