Wooden wheels

captndan

Given the costs of crating and shipping, both ways, where you are located is important. It has been a long time since I had a wheel re-wooded. But I hear a lot of wonderful reports about the quality and price of Stutzman's. However, if you happen to be in Califunny (as I am), you may want to consider going to the place in Sonora. I hear that they are still very good, and really liked what they did for me many years ago. I also hear good things about places in Oregon (or are they in Washington?), another place near the East coast, and one place in Canada (I don't know where?). I believe Stutzman's is in Ohio? 

That place in Canada may have been my mention.

Recently, in another thread about wood wheels, I had listed a shop in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada called, "Wheels Of Wood".   A few days ago, I found out that John, the owner/operator, had passed away and the shop is no longer in business.

Paul

Have had Calimer's do wheels for me for several years. The attention to detail and quality is beyond reproach.

Never had an issue with shrinkage and after years of running the paint was a good as the day it was applied.

Bought a set made by Stutzman's and although the price was good the quality was not that of Calimers.