Six-Volt fog light bulbs needed

Dynaflash8

I need to find two six-volt fog light bulbs.  They do not seem to be available from any source, at least the number that was in the ones on the car.  One has the black cover and one doesn't.  The one without the cover is #3208.  Does anybody know of a different single filament bulb that will work?  Also need one of the black covers or a black ended bulb.  I have a bunch of single filament bulbs and tried a 1000 and 1103 but they blew out.  The car is a 41 Buick and they have the fog lights wired up to only work with the headlights on (of course with a separate switch).

20 hours ago, Mark Shaw said:

I have several single filament bulbs with a three hole flange rated 6-8 volts.  Some have the black painted cover and one has a metal cover. 

If yours do not mount with the flange, you might consider changing the socket to accept the flanged bulbs.

Mine do have the three point flange, and do need the black metal cover (or should have).  I would like to buy two of them or all you have.  Pls get back to me.

16 hours ago, JFranklin said:

What voltage is the battery in your car? The bulbs shouldn't blow out if you have correct voltage and good grounds.

It is a simple six volt battery.  It could be the shop has them wired wrong I guess.  They are wired so that the headlights have to be on for them to work.  That doesn't seem right to me.  The shop found that some previous owner had cut the wires, so I guess it is possible there was a short at one time.  I'm also not sure the restoration shop knew what they were doing.  Lots of mechanics draw the line at any electrical work.