1925 Buick sump removal

25 Buick

Simple question.

can the sump of a 1925 master Buick be removed with the engine still in the car.

I'm wanting to rebuild most of the top end of the motor while it's installed in the chassis.

once the crank, cam, oil pump front cover and rear housing are on, hoping to put back onto the chassis then continue to rebuild the remainder of the engine. Rather than build the whole engine on a bench and then install to chassis.

There are 2 bolts at the front or rear of the oil pan (sump).  I do not remember if it is front or rear.   A 1/4 drive socket works very well for removing them.  I make my own gaskets from cork purchased at one of the craft stores.    I glue the cork to the pan with weather strip cement and coat the part that goes against the block with Permatex #2.  Do not put the weather strip adhesive on both sides of the cork.  It will take hours to remove if you have to remove it in the future.  

I use rope packing as was used on cars in the early 1950's rather than cork at the front and rear of the pan.