1928 Studebaker Wood wheels and tires

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 1:05 AM, Peter P said:

Any chance these might be the same as used on the 1926 Standard Sixes?  Interested if they are 

These are not the same as the 1926. The 1926 would have rear brakes which are external contracting bands, 1928 has more conventional rear brakes within the brake drum. Also if the 1926 has front brakes the car won't have wooden wheel, they should be metal disc wheels. If however the car has wood wheels then it won't have brakes, these wheels are for a car with four wheel brakes.

Hope this helps

Wayne

51 minutes ago, bifda said:

These are not the same as the 1926. The 1926 would have rear brakes which are external contracting bands, 1928 has more conventional rear brakes within the brake drum. Also if the 1926 has front brakes the car won't have wooden wheel, they should be metal disc wheels. If however the car has wood wheels then it won't have brakes, these wheels are for a car with four wheel brakes.

Hope this helps

Wayne

I think that these came off a car with rear wheel brakes only.  Only has a drum on 2 of them.

• Like 1

On 16/11/2017 at 11:50 PM, swhowell said:

I think that these came off a car with rear wheel brakes only.  Only has a drum on 2 of them.

On 16/11/2017 at 11:50 PM, swhowell said:

In your photo it would appear that three have brake drums. The wheel far left is a front wheel and it has a drum attached. Could it be one has had the drum removed?

wayne

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...