1920s window shades

Bob Zetnick

I have 3 window shades to restore for a '29 Dodge. I have someone willing to sew the new shades up, but I need to restore the rollers and show her how the fabric goes into that slot. I assume I have to open these rollers up to insert fabric? Anyway, I don't want to wreck these, so was wondering how to get into them to restore. Thanks.

DSCN0530.JPG

DSCN0531.JPG

1 hour ago, Spinneyhill said:

It might be a good idea to put this question in the Dodge Brothers forum too?

What does the pull look like? Something on the end of a string?

I just thought that so many cars of the period I'd ask here...here's an original pull...I'm having these custom made as my car had none.

5ee7272938a1f940c17787a118490e84 (1).jpg

1 hour ago, 4Hud said:

Aren't these were being repro'd. somewhere?

Not sure....I know they have repros for Model A's and someone posted Hampton Coach might do custom ones, but I haven't seen that online....usually, sellers sell the whole shade and they have tassels and different fabrics....I also hate not to use original rollers from the car if I can repair them....some rollers I've seen are cardboard tubes!

LeBaron Bonney has blinds for Ford and Chevies.They are available in different lengths.I bought one for the '29 McLaughlin-Buick and it does the job.They have guide cords to run up and down on.It keeps them from flapping in the wind I guess.Check their on line catalog.

19 hours ago, J.H.Boland said:

LeBaron Bonney has blinds for Ford and Chevies.They are available in different lengths.I bought one for the '29 McLaughlin-Buick and it does the job.They have guide cords to run up and down on.It keeps them from flapping in the wind I guess.Check their on line catalog.

They don't have the colors or correct pulls as my '29 Dodge, but thanks.