Pressure Plate Rebuilder

pont35cpe

I dropped a '37 320 disc off at Brake and Clutch Supply (on 6th Ave. in Seattle). I got a call later that same day that it was done. Still untested, but the workmanship sure looked good. I don't remember what it cost. Not super-expensive. I don't know about the pressure plate, but they would be my first call.

http://www.brakeandclutchsupply.com/index.shtml

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

7 hours ago, 2carb40 said:

Suggest you take your pressure plate and or flywheel to local Auto parts store and ask to see a clutch kit for a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6cyl stick. Usually can order if not in stock and arrive later same day. Fits 1939-55 Buick spec flywheels exactly! Might fit back to yours as well approx 125.00 kit includes new press plate and disc. I would not put a penny into a "waffle" style pressure plate that's so subject to cracking. Just a suggestion, hope it works out 4 ya!

Thanks Greg, that was my intentions but the Jeep PP is a different over-all size won`t fit the `36 flywheel. What I`m doing is putting a `41 248 super engine in my `36 coupe 40 series and having to use the `36 front engine mount and `36 bell-housing, flywheel/clutch and PP/throw-out bearing. I have the 233 and 248 engines, both complete rebuilds but didn`t want to take the `36 engine apart so I bought everything needed from Dave Tacheny, he said the PP may need rebuilt, but after cleaning it up(oil/dirt buildup)the face shows no wear at all, I`m now thinking do the finger adjustment like the manual states and running it. The flywheel I received also shows no wear, even the teeth show no wear. I`ve never seen a used flywheel that the teeth weren`t at least half chewed up.   Tom

Bob's rebuilds the "waffle style" pressure plates.  I have a bunch of cores in my garage.  I've never had one crack in the last 62 years, so don't know about that.  They do sometime wear out at the center hole.  In any case, they are not used with the 320 engine.

Tom,

Denver brake and clutch did mine, and lightly resurfaced the flywheel too.

Had my brake shoes relined at the same time, so I cannot give you the unit cost, but I thought it was very reasonable.

There must be somewhere in Dallas doing the same kind of work.

Call Richard Rawlings @ Gas Monkey, and see who he uses.

HaHa

Mike in Colorado

12 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Bob's rebuilds the "waffle style" pressure plates.  I have a bunch of cores in my garage.  I've never had one crack in the last 62 years, so don't know about that.  They do sometime wear out at the center hole.  In any case, they are not used with the 320 engine.

In their latest catalog, received in Hershey, I do not see the waffle style being rebuilt by Bob's.  Alas, all my cores go to the dump I guess.

On 10/9/2017 at 6:47 AM, pont35cpe said:

Thanks Greg, that was my intentions but the Jeep PP is a different over-all size won`t fit the `36 flywheel. What I`m doing is putting a `41 248 super engine in my `36 coupe 40 series and having to use the `36 front engine mount and `36 bell-housing, flywheel/clutch and PP/throw-out bearing. I have the 233 and 248 engines, both complete rebuilds but didn`t want to take the `36 engine apart so I bought everything needed from Dave Tacheny, he said the PP may need rebuilt, but after cleaning it up(oil/dirt buildup)the face shows no wear at all, I`m now thinking do the finger adjustment like the manual states and running it. The flywheel I received also shows no wear, even the teeth show no wear. I`ve never seen a used flywheel that the teeth weren`t at least half chewed up.   Tom

A

Edited by Guest (see edit history)