1925 Buick Starter

ROD W

I received this Email from Roger requesting information on his starter/generator problems.  I know we have had a number of discussions on this previously,  which will probably answer Rogers question.  Further input would be appreciated.

email.png

Roger 

It sounds as if your Starter/generator  S/G is not ( motoring,)   turning over slowly when you turn on the ignition switch.  you should be able to hear it motoring when you turn on the ignition switch.

• Like 1

Rod and Mark thanks for your information.  Additionally by reading other articles on this forum I have found quite a bit of information.  Hopefully we can get the car running again and take to some car shows. If you know of anyone having the parts I listed please let me know. 

• 4 weeks later...

The commutator is the problem.  Do any of you know of someone that just sells the commutator for the 1925 standard coupe 25-28 starter model # 283 delco-remy?  If so can you provide name and phone number and what is a fare price to pay?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, carmover said:

Roger there is no commutators for the 25 model Buicks.You will have to have one made.Jason Smith has a guy that rewinds armatures and makes commutators Call Jason at 866 228 0218

2nd on Jason and he is good.  He lives just outside of Lansing, MI on the NW side.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)