Emblems

jframe

Thinking of getting 3 new "'Riviera" emblems for my 65, since it is due to be painted Monday. What have y'all used to replace these, and which ones seem the best quality? Got all my body gaskets from CARS, bit don't knoe if there emblems are any better than others.

Most of the repro ones on offer have the capital R with the top of the R closed (no space between the slanted verticle line and the curved top).  Buick switched to this style in 66 and the replacements from Buick for the 63-65 began to appear as the original supply dried up.  This is an acceptable replacement.

If you are a purist and want to retain a period correct look, have your current ones re-chromed.  This applies to the fenders only.  The rear ones on the 64&65 did not have the space.  I have not bought any of the reproductions so I can't attest to the quality of the current offerings.

Sort of on topic here, hopefully Pat answered the previous question sufficiently.  My question: does anyone have a good 64 trunk emblem they'll part with?  The 64 has a small curve at the top that conforms to the shape of the trunk lid ; it's not flat like a 65.

Ed

9 minutes ago, Riviman said:

CARS now have the open loop emblems. Bought 2 at the Williamsburg Riviera Meet.

Do they have the 7 round pins for location? How is the quality?