1936 Dodge Vacuum Wiper Motors

36 Dodge

When I purchased my 36 it was missing the vacuum motors and wiper arms. Today I should be receiving the right and left vacuum wiper motors but I do not know how they attach to the body. Can someone help me with pictures or a diagram? I think I am missing a nut and maybe a seal? On Andy Bernbaum website I found that he has a wiper adapter package, not sure if this is what I need since he does not provide pictures.

Thanks,

Marco

598231662a828_WiperAdapterPackage.jpg.3aaad93680bd82801e7b92e359c8c8c7.jpg

The drive shaft of the motor fits through the hole in the body and is there where a rubber gasket, washer and nut hold things down. I purchased the arms and wipers from Roberts Motor Parts. These are the same as the originals and require no adapter.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Steve9 said:

The drive shaft of the motor fits through the hole in the body and is there where a rubber gasket, washer and nut hold things down. I purchased the arms and wipers from Roberts Motor Parts. These are the same as the originals and require no adapter.

Thanks, Steve! So just to be clear since my mind is all messed up! Does the rubber gasket, washer and nut come with the new wiper arms from Roberts or do I have to purchase them separately? 

Thanks,

Marco

You can buy a 6 or 12 v replacement electric motor on the Model T or Model A sites for a lot less. Try Little Dearborn, Minneapolis or Synder. On my DB '28 Std.  6 the holes through the windshield lined up perfectly. Of course the 6 v was positive ground and the 12 v a negative ground so you have to get that lined up!

Paul

My Burnbaum catalog shows a picture of what looks like two shouldered nuts and a couple of those splined cups and a couple of spring looking things.

The pic is at the top of the page and states that it is the 'windshield wiper adapter package'.

Doesn't look like the rubber washers are there.

passport 017003.jpg

13 hours ago, Paul Bohlig said:

You can buy a 6 or 12 v replacement electric motor on the Model T or Model A sites for a lot less. Try Little Dearborn, Minneapolis or Synder. On my DB '28 Std.  6 the holes through the windshield lined up perfectly. Of course the 6 v was positive ground and the 12 v a negative ground so you have to get that lined up!

Paul

Thank you Paul, but I already have a set of restored vacuum motors. 

7 minutes ago, JACK M said:

My Burnbaum catalog shows a picture of what looks like two shouldered nuts and a couple of those splined cups and a couple of spring looking things.

The pic is at the top of the page and states that it is the 'windshield wiper adapter package'.

Doesn't look like the rubber washers are there.

passport 017003.jpg

Jack,

That is what I saw just wanted to make sure that this is what I needed. I sent Andy Bernbaum an email yesterday asking the same question. Maybe I just like taking pictures of the way things come apart and I thought someone out there would have done the same and would share their pictures. Thank you for your help. 

On 8/2/2017 at 6:27 PM, Steve9 said:

Steve,

I just called Robert's trying to order the wiper arms and wiper blades and they asked me questions that I could not answer, The length of the wiper blade, the length of the wiper arm and how it attaches. I was hoping that you could give me the part number that Robert's uses for the wiper arm and wiper blade that you purchased. 

Thanks,

Marco