tail light harness connector

36humpback

Hi. trying to figure out what kind of wiring harness connector I need for this Naco branded tail light.  It has this "insert and twist" on the inside for the bulb and on the back for the harness.  I have no idea, but can guess, what it actually takes.  If you know do you know where I can find one.  thanks. bob

light.jpg

You might try Mr.Axlerod, the headlight guy as I understand that he has reproduced some of the bayonet type wiring connectors for mid '30's WPC cars. I would imagine that the socket might be similar to the headlamp connectors for the '37-'37 Dodges.

You need the female part of this. It pushes on and twists to fix. The bulb fits into the tube in your headlight can the same way. Look at this picture and hopefully it will make sense. If not, I can shoot you some close up pictures of my setup. You can get these parts from Dodge Central

https://dcmclassics.com/lighting/184-le-116-tail-light-bucket-wires-with-connector.html

PS: You should clean the paint off the end of the tube to get a good ground. Based on the picture I sent you from Rhode Island Wiring, you can see how the parts fit together. The cap on the wiring pigtail presses onto the tube in the taillight can. You use a piece of wire loom over the wires and a clip is used to fix it to the wires. 

Hope this makes sense.

taillight-4.jpg

taillight wiring.jpg