Wanted 1954/55/56 radiator

NC-car-guy

So I finally have some money gathered up for a radiator.  Before I go to the big boys and drop my cash, I thought I'd ask here.  Doesn't hurt to try to get a deal and help another forum member out.

I want/need a tried and true leak free radiator.  I though maybe there might be folks that changed direction on a project or whatever and stuck a freshly repaired, re-cored, or re production radiator to the side.

I see them for $545 plus $37 shipping here:  http://classicfordradiator.com/radiators.aspx?page=2   $599 plus $49 shipping here: https://wizardcooling.com/1954-1956-buick-special-aluminum-radiator/

Looks like you missed the 3pm deadline today but there's always tomorrow. Go with the high efficiency from Classic, have only heard good reports on them over on the '54 Highway. I've got a stash of used ones in the barn loft but I'll probably put one of the Classics in Buttercup in a couple of years before hitting the road west bound with it.

Plus it looks more original.

Plus at Wizard,  it looks like the $599 is for a manual transmission, add $30 for automatic.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Looks like you missed the 3pm deadline today but there's always tomorrow. Go with the high efficiency from Classic, have only heard good reports on them over on the '54 Highway. I've got a stash of used ones in the barn loft but I'll probably put one of the Classics in Buttercup in a couple of years before hitting the road west bound with it.

Plus it looks more original.

Plus at Wizard,  it looks like the $599 is for a manual transmission, add $30 for automatic.

I'll get to it eventually.   If I want the high eff, it will have to wait another month.  My play money is mostly gone since I had to buy a replacement daily driver.

I think if I recall talking to the guy, the upcharge on automatic is for the later 56's with the cooler in the radiator, but it's a good thing to double check!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wndsofchng06 said:

I think if I recall talking to the guy, the upcharge on automatic is for the later 56's with the cooler in the radiator, but it's a good thing to double check!

In which case, you can forego the extra cost and use a real transmission cooler.

I just had two 55 Century radiators flushed an checked for flow and pressure. Not one fin bent, needs new overflow tube soldered on, broke off

125.00 plus ship. Picturez? Hurry! Dont need two.

41 minutes ago, wndsofchng06 said:

Sold!  How do you want to ship?  About 60- 70 via post office or ups...  maybe cheaper at fastenal?

I will send pix first. No fastenal close, savings eaten by pita drive time. Let me check shipping method after pix. Pm or my email next please. Thanx! Im going out to check interchange in my Hollander just to be sure, cant imagine 54 & 55 would be different, but I think I were not quite as right as coulda been one udder time!

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...