Spark plug cover

carmover

I will go out on that proverbial limb and say that the pushrod cover on my 1920 K-46 is the correct color and that color is called Argent.  This is the same color that Chevrolet used on their Rallye Wheels on Chevelles and Corvettes.  

The spark plug covers on '20's were Black.  The pushrod cover runs the entire length of the cylinder block.  On my 1922 Model 48 the pushrod cover is the same OD Green as the cylinder block.  The spark plug cover is Black baked enamel as is the 1920 cover.  I cannot begin to tell you why the pushrod cover on the 1920 is not engine block color.  I can tell you that the car is as original as you will ever see with less than 5,000 doumented miles on it since being built.  I realize that these two cars are a couple years earlier than what you are asking about, but, I think Buick carried through with the pushrod covers being the color of the cylinder blocks and the spark plug covers being Black for quite a few years.  Maybe Larry DiBarry will chime in here since he owns a 1925 Standard and a 1925 Master.  Hope this has been a little bit of help by laying the groundwork leading up to the 1925 models.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

1920 Model K-46 026.jpg

'22 BUICK RADIATOR REBUILD 002.JPG

• Like 2

Larry I am not on the road yet Jason Smith emailed me Friday that he has been battling a sinus infection and is a little behind.He said possibly next week he will have it ready.I bought a cover off of ebay and it fits on one end but is 2 1/4 inches too long.I have done all of the measuring and if it is shortened 21/4 inches everything will line up and it should fit perfectly I am thinking this one must have came from a 26 or 27 master as it doesen't have the coil wire tunnel.If possible I need you or Hugh to send me some real good high definition shots of the coil wire tunnel.I have talked to a  a shop in Alabaster Alabama that can make anything and they are going to shorten the cover and add the correct tunnel.

Edited by carmover (see edit history)

8 hours ago, carmover said:

Larry I am not on the road yet Jason Smith emailed me Friday that he has been battling a sinus infection and is a little behind.He said possibly next week he will have it ready.I bought a cover off of ebay and it fits on one end but is 2 1/4 inches too long.I have done all of the measuring and if it is shortened 21/4 inches everything will line up and it should fit perfectly I am thinking this one must have came from a 26 or 27 master as it doesen't have the coil wire tunnel.If possible I need you or Hugh to send me some real good high definition shots of the coil wire tunnel.I have talked to a  a shop in Alabaster Alabama that can make anything and they are going to shorten the cover and add the correct tunnel.

Yes Jason is sick.  I talked to him yesterday and he sounded bad.  He is also working on a starter for me. Told me he was working on your starter first then he would get to mine.  Don't worry, be happy!

On 4/3/2017 at 11:41 PM, carmover said:

Terry, if you know of someone who is needing a good spark plug cover for a 19 to 23 Buick let me know .I have one just like the one in the picture in real good condition but will need refinishing $100 Dollars.

Thanks Terry for finding me a prospect for the cover I sent him pictures and deminsions  tonight after talking to him this afternoon.