I Bet Xander Likes This One

60FlatTop

I have a big box of photos from those pre-digital days that I have been scanning.

Here's a Terraplane pickup I had about 1997. It was complete but disassembled and ran well. One of the last vehicles I sold through a newspaper ad.

1997 selling price- $3400.

It is probably still around. I sold it to a Hudson family near Attica, New York.

Bernie

002.thumb.jpg.502afd30ef996ca89e2ec618ef72c5cf.jpg

001.thumb.jpg.a013c5585b879288ed4452f3a0c2db3c.jpg

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Yes I do like the picture. I to,too,two (one of them is right) remember 1997. It came right after 96, if memory serves me correct. I was 24 years old, and flush with Hudson trucks as well. Over the past 22 years, there has only been a six month stretch that I did not have a Hudson truck, those six months were tough times.:( It has been a/an interesting ride over the years. Back then I wanted to have a custom car shop, Wild Iron Classic & Custom Cars was going to be the name. You see my last name Wildeisen, when you translate it means Wild Iron. Over the years, with hard work, I was able to make that happen. But it has been no bed of roses, no pleasure cruse. (that is Queen) So we will see what happens next, I hold out hope that the car scene around here will be looked at. And it will make it a better place for young people wanting to get involved in the classic/custom car scene. To/too/two many people around here involved in this hobby/trade/industry have been spun out, and harmed by what people behind the scenes do to small businesses. And I hope a conversation in this State takes place about what small businesses have to deal with. But enough about that, what ever is going to happen. I will be driving a Hudson truck with a smile on my face, knowing I did the right thing. I took these pictures this morning for you Bernie, if you get your "car show hero" website up. I just might send you some finished pictures.:) 

MORE_TRUCK_SHOTS_010.JPG

MORE_TRUCK_SHOTS_028.JPG

MORE_TRUCK_SHOTS_013.JPG

MORE_TRUCK_SHOTS_015.JPG

MORE_TRUCK_SHOTS_018.JPG

MORE_TRUCK_SHOTS_007.JPG

MORE_TRUCK_SHOTS_020.JPG

MORE_TRUCK_SHOTS_021.JPG

• Like 4

The picture was taken at a house that we rented. I had a room mate at the time, over the fence you see to the right was a 1958 Imperial, 1952 Hudson Hornet Hollywood HT, 1961 Plymouth Fury HT, and a 1937 Terraplane Coupe. And my driver at the time, A 1972 Chevrolet super C20. The House was owned by ACHD, Ada County Highway Department. They bought all of those houses, and turned them into rentals. After we moved out, they moved all of the houses back there and did the Fling Y project. Freeway project. The freeway is now where that house used to be. About 40 feet behind that house was a chain link fence. You could jump the fence, and you would be hit by a car doing 70 before you landed on the ground. You can see it in the background. There was no heat what so ever in the garage. Every night after work, I would go out there and work on my goal of starting/building a custom car shop. Thousands of hours spent freezing or sweating your butt off in that garage. And in other garages as well over the years, I was even building a car in a storage unit when I was 19. A lot of work over the years. Some of you Vets might like the bug screen on the 72 Chevrolet. I bought it from the original owner, 402, factory air, 400 turbo. Great truck only one scratch in the bed. 61,000 miles, mint. If you look close at the bug screen you will see "kill roy" in the center looking over the top of it. The guy I bought it from was a WW2 P61 Black Widow fighter pilot. The only person who got very emotional when selling a car to me. He had to sell it, he could not drive anymore. It meant so much to him, that I left the "kill roy" on there. Great guy, had some great stories.    

more_old_pictures_002.JPG

more_old_pictures_005.JPG

more_old_pictures_004.JPG

6 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

They have others out there for street rods. Those ones came with the power windows. I will get different ones when the interior is done.

Good choice,  I see so many cars that seem to flow really well,  then something like that just jumps out and screams look at me,  I don't fit in.    Looks good so far.  I'm not a fan of consoles in older cars but your interior does seem to flow well so it works.  I see alot of those as well that look like a console out of a boat from the 1980's.  Yu have to wonder what some people think or maybe they just never step back and say,  wow,  that just doesn't go. 

Keep up the good work. 

It will look good, The outside should have a nice vintage custom look. With the chop, stretch, car fenders and trim along with the two tone Packard colors and white wall tires. The sand blasted boards in the bed will give it a different look as well. Inside will have a modern vintage look, I think the two can be blended and turn out nice. But you are right about center consoles. Dashes are another thing that can kill the look of an interior. So many are stripped of the trim and styling to make them smooth. And all it does is make it look cheap. You can have to much, and you can have not enough. Styling choices are what sets great customs apart.  

shop_truck_048.JPG

MORE_TRUCK_SHOTS_007.JPG

Cadillac_and_truck_bed_019.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good.  I wish my brightwork was that nice.  Atleast I get to look at mine through the plastic cover every day.  I see caps on ebay all the time but full sets are tough to come by from what I have seen.  Won't it matter what year your wheels are as to whether the caps will fit or are the rims pretty universal?  I almost think I saw a set of earlier caps that were really nice reasonable priced.  Probably like 42 or some other oddball that not many people are doing or the same with say a 55 or 56 set.