WTB AC Speedometer

Hi,

i´am trying to repair my 1925 Chrysler 58 speedometer. It´s manufactured by AC company and i´am looking for magneto and small arbor for mile counter. The same have Maxwell 25. Do you have any?
Thanks for any kind of help.

marbeton

20170119_144458_resized.jpg

20170119_144524_resized.jpg

20170119_144556_resized.jpg

Hi Marbeton,

Some time ago I think you asked for information on your distributor. There is one listed for sale on ebay buy it now for $50. If you are interested look under Chrysler 1926-1933 delco remy distributor.

Also, for your speedo parts, the AC company made for many different cars using basically the same working parts.

I seem to think the 1926-1928 Chevrolets used the same mechanism. I did have a very rough one lying around, but cant find it. If it turns up I will let you know.

Best regards

Viv.

On 29. 1. 2017 at 11:11 PM, viv w said:

Hi Marbeton,

Some time ago I think you asked for information on your distributor. There is one listed for sale on ebay buy it now for $50. If you are interested look under Chrysler 1926-1933 delco remy distributor.

Also, for your speedo parts, the AC company made for many different cars using basically the same working parts.

I seem to think the 1926-1928 Chevrolets used the same mechanism. I did have a very rough one lying around, but cant find it. If it turns up I will let you know.

Best regards

Viv.

Hi Viv,

thank you for the information. My problem with the distributor has already been solved. Now I'm only looking for a distributor rotor. My distributor is the 634-A type and on eBay they offer the 638-C. Do you know what the difference between these two is?

What you wrote about the speedometer AC is important for me, I'll try to get the parts from a different speedometer.

Thank you

Best regards

marbeton

Marbeton, I have found both a speedo and speedo casing for the speedometer cable. The cable casing is very nice, clean and flexible, the speedo looks good and turns both the odometer and  speed drives. The cable itself is not there. This mounts on the bottom of the speedo housing with a single fastener. If this helps let me know. Rob

19 hours ago, vintchry said:

Marbeton, I have found both a speedo and speedo casing for the speedometer cable. The cable casing is very nice, clean and flexible, the speedo looks good and turns both the odometer and  speed drives. The cable itself is not there. This mounts on the bottom of the speedo housing with a single fastener. If this helps let me know. Rob

Hi Rob,

thanks for your message. It would help me a lot. I am definitely interested. Could you let me know how much you want for it and how much would shipping be to the Czech Republic?

Did you happen to remember who you sold your Chrysler (the one I have now) to?

Best regards

Richard

18 hours ago, vintchry said:

I believe it was the same year you bought it or early into the next year. I just don't remember the year I sold it to Chris. Age- ugh............................

Thank you for helping me a lot. Now I know the history of my car until 1977 and will try to find out something of the past. Richard

• 1 month later...
On 2. 2. 2017 at 2:07 PM, vintchry said:

Hi again Rob,

could you send me a length of a speedo casing for the speedometer cable?

I dont have it and for replication i need diameters.

Thank in advance.

Richard