2005 lesabre trans problem

Guest T. Price

Guest T. Price

I  have a strange problem with my 2005 Buick Lesabre transmission.  If starting from a stop with normal to moderate acceleration it will jerk hard as if it was out-of-gear and was jerked into drive.

If taking off very slowly it does not jerk.  Two different transmission repair shops  seem to have no answer to the problem.

Does anyone except me ever experienced this problem ?

One mechanic says that he fixed a buick doing the same think several years ago, but he can not recall just what he did, however, he said that he remembers the fix was very unconventional

(  not something that would be expected to cause this problem ).

6 hours ago, T. Price said:

I  have a strange problem with my 2005 Buick Lesabre transmission.  If starting from a stop with normal to moderate acceleration it will jerk hard as if it was out-of-gear and was jerked into drive.

If taking off very slowly it does not jerk.  Two different transmission repair shops  seem to have no answer to the problem.

Does anyone except me ever experienced this problem ?

One mechanic says that he fixed a buick doing the same think several years ago, but he can not recall just what he did, however, he said that he remembers the fix was very unconventional

(  not something that would be expected to cause this problem ).

If your Lesabre has traction control turn it off and see if it makes a difference, you could have a drive axle going bad.

Guest Skyking

I've had the same problem with my 2000 Century.  It's the pressure control solenoid failing.  It happened mostly when the transmission heated up.  I had it replaced at a Buick dealership @ 75,000 miles along with a front end alignment at a cost of $1100.00 back in 2005.  Now the car is retired at my Florida residence and at 135,000 miles it's doing it again.  I did add a radiator coolant product that helps eliminate the problem.  It seems to be an ongoing GM problem with cars of that era.