Not mine. Someone here may be interested.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/5948476410.html

1925 REO, Has all original engine, trans, etc. But would make a great Rat Rod ,Street Rod, Or Hot Rod. Just to many project at my place. very solid. Clear Title.
I don't need help selling this item,
Possible trades, Worth $4000 +
Cash is King.
If the add is still up, it's still for sale.
7one5-2nine6-2zero78

1 hour ago, Imperial62 said:

I always wonder why sellers say these would make a great rat rod, street rod, hot rod. 

It seems to be said if the car needs a ton of work, like totally surface rusted, or wood very bad/missing, etc.

I guess they realize the car is too rough for the already shrinking resale market for these age of cars, so maybe they hope to find a buyer somehow.

I did not copy the pic to expand it, but it looks like the wood is really bad up at the roof, and doors seem ajar.

Sounds like he is not looking for very much money, so it must have major issue(s)

There were 3 sedan trim packages in 1925:  G series, 20th Anniversary Edition and E series/Gold Standard, which had the 2 piece windshield, nickel plated radiator shell and winged motometer.  The paint style would make me think 20th Anniversary but I think that you could get any paint that you wanted.

The sedans, coupes, roadsters and speedwagons, (probably taxis and specialty vehicles too) all rode on a 120 inch wheelbase.  Exact same rolling chassis except for a different ring gear ratio relevant to the weight of each model.

What is appealing to me here is the originality of this car.  I recently bought a roadster that had been "professionally" cosmetically restored with a body off restoration.  I have discovered so many issues, some very dangerous with the car, that when I contacted the "restoration" shop that worked on the car with some questions, I was told that the 78 year old gentleman that I bought the REO from must have had it worked on elsewhere.  I persistent and got an email response of, "We don't advise that you actually drive these cars."  So to Imperial62's point, who wants to spend six figures on a roller restoration?  Luckily I have an original Gold Standard chassis and am able to not only get everything general corrected but also items specific to REO.  Originality is a very big deal.

I have to go to the twin cities soon to get a wheel disc and rim and would be happy to inspect this car for anyone interested.  It weighs around 3300 pounds so it is not my idea of a custom car project.

Jason

Edited by Meii (see edit history)