Tandem pedal car. Who manufactured it? Circa 1910?

Pete Wood

I can't help you identify the pedal car, but will make some comments.  I don't know that I've ever seen a "touring car" pedal car, either in person or in picture.  A lot of pedal car manufacturers followed the lines of a specific car and even used the name of the car, for example I have an early wood pedal car in my collection with "Pierce" on the front, and arrow through it, probably dating to the late teens or early twenties.

That picture shows a pedal car that has the design of a 1909-1910 automobile, with the scuttle dash (the dash curved up from the hood, looking like a coal scuttle, thus the name), and a very nicely done hood and radiator.

That fellow sitting there was a lucky man at the time, he was obviously the child of a family of means, and I'd bet he lived a good, comfortable life...

A well built, two seat, pedal car, dating from the early teens, was expensive then, and would be an interesting find now to say the least...

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)

6 hours ago, trimacar said:

That fellow sitting there was a lucky man at the time, he was obviously the child of a family of means, and I'd bet he lived a good, comfortable life...

Wow, Trimacar, you said the truth. And look at the military style uniform the little guy is wearing; complete with sword in scabbard. He may have been royalty.