Reatta Select 60 For Sale

Rtfspecial

1990 Buick Reatta for Sale.  Documentation from Royal Buick in Tucson, AZ . Original miles 73,250. Acceptable wear on upolstery.  Outstanding paint, carpet, dash,

convertable top, engine bay, tires.  Runs great, needs AC freon to work.  Asking $15,000 for one of sixty made. Located in San Diego with current Cal reg.

Contact by cell: text or call Jake: 619-820-9367. 

driver side listing.jpg

lft frt listing.jpg

DRIVER REAR WHEEL.jpg

rt rear listing.jpg

engine listing.jpg

pass seat listing.jpg

driver door panel.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i really don't understand the desire of a select 60.[not picking on this car]i like that its a convertible.the interior is nice though i don't really care for the colors.the top looks dirty though im not sure what could be done for that.id love to have a vert blue on blue.

Edited by handmedownreatta (see edit history)
  • Like 1

For the record, I  believe that there were 65 Select 60's produced.  91 style wheels painted white, pinstripe delete, cd and 16 way seats and 91 style console lid with cup holder.  Car was shipped with a regular hood ornament and the dealer received a Select 60 hood ornament which was a shade smaller in diameter.  Many dealers did not install the hood ornament.  The car also came with a promotional folder with a letter to the dealership.

• 1 year later...

So to apply that to this particular car, is it missing the hood emblem therefore it can not be authenticated as indeed, a select 60 model? I am thinking about buying this car so any information you know about it I would appreciate you sharing it with me. The steering wheel and seats seem to have excessive wear for a 77000 mile car. Unlike a previous posted, I find the color combo for the select 60 stunning. Wish I could find one in a bit better condition.

It looks like a Select 60 to me.

Although it might not guarantee the car is a Select 60, look at the service parts label in the trunk ans see if it has a code X22 on it. I don't know if this applies to the '90 models or not. Maybe Barney will tell us.

X22 - UNKNOWN, BELIEVED TO BE MARKETING CODE FOR 1988 SELECT SIXTY

Here are instructions for locating the label: Paint & Service Codes

Thanks to Barney Eaton for the information!

The posted car is a select 60, the absence of the special hood emblem does not indicate it isn't as the emblems were not factory installed. The story goes (to summarize)  that the special emblems were shipped to dealers often after the cars had been sold. Some dealers apparenrly set the emblems aside and kept them, others sent them on to the customer who purchased the select 60.

Some customers who did subsequently receive the special emblem for their select 60 convertible didn't install the it either out of concern over trying to remove the factory installed standard emblem, or for some other reason (didn't want to be bothered,  didn't care for the select 60 emblems looks, just lazy, or who knows what). This resulted in a select 60 emblem periodically showing up for sale on it's own. There is one listed on ebay right now that was never installed, and others have been sold on there and elsewhere in the past.

To further muddy the issue, I'm still not clear if the special hood emblems were planned and produced (late) for the 1988 select 60 cars, or if they were made late for the 1990 select 60 convertibles. If they were made for the 1988 edition, then they should have been readily available for the 1990 cars to be factory installed, I would think,  as they were already design even if a new run of them had to be made.

In 10 years on this forum I don't think I've seen a definitive statement on whether these special emblems were made for 88 and then used again in 90, or if they were made in 90 and the few 88's that have them were emblems acquired by other means and installed on 88's much later. I'm inclined to think the latter, unless someone has a plausible explanation for why the special emblems were late in arriving for both 88 and 90.

One other item regarding 1990 select 60's, isn't it true that these cars were equipped with the power assisted 5th bow pins, rather than the manual spring loaded ones present on all other 1990 convertibles? Seems I've read that a number of times but have not personally inspected a select 60 to verify that claim.