Clear plastic door lock ferrules?

PWB

11 minutes ago, RivNut said:

My 63, 64, and 65 have chrome plated metal ones (could be stainless.)

Ahhhh, they push them to fit your years. Bad advert' data - thanks for the correction RivNut.

But the images do match '67.

Hmmm. I just don't remember what lies beneath the panels.

I guess it depends on what you have to start with.  If Winston's car is original and the ferrules have never been off, then they're probably push-ins as shown earlier.  If they're the metal kind with the tangs on them, then you would have to take the door panels off to attach them.  Who among us was working that part of the assembly line in 1965 and can say for sure what was what in 1965?

Here's a picture of a clear one with tabs.

Image result for 1960's GM door lock ferrules

Ed, in looking at my door panels carefully, I appear to have the plastic ones with the metal below with the

two tabs like in the above picture you posted. I can make out the metal part below the plastic on top....they are not

all plastic like the ones at the beginning of this post. 

1 hour ago, Seafoam65 said:

Ed, in looking at my door panels carefully, I appear to have the plastic ones with the metal below with the

two tabs like in the above picture you posted. I can make out the metal part below the plastic on top....they are not

all plastic like the ones at the beginning of this post. 

I believe I've evidenced enough info to where now I believe the all-plastics were only '67. And they were on many GM models that year.

They work well -  yellow with age.

1967, quite a transitional one  ;)

67bu27.jpeg

Edited by PWB (see edit history)
  • Like 1